Western Museum of Flight
Flight Test Day Camp at Western Museum of Flight
Address: Zamperini Field
Join the Western Museum of Flight for an introduction to becoming a test pilot. This immersive day will include:
- Principles of Flight
- Types and Characteristics of Aircraft
- Aircraft Structures and Propulsion
- Design Decision Criteria
- Standard and Special Flight Procedures
- Aircraft Performance Metrics • Effects of Flight on the Human Body
- Role of Test Pilot in Aircraft Evaluation
- Role of Test Pilot in Design and Development Decisions
Students will visit actual military aircraft housed on the tarmac at Zamperini Field and have access to a cockpit and instrumentation in the museum’s collection, and will have the opportunity to ask questions about any specific interests or ideas they may have.
More details here!