Updated: September 10th, 2020
Discover Torrance continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic with guidance from local and state officials, along with tourism industry partners to ensure the most accurate and timely information is provided to visitors on this topic.
CAN I TRAVEL TO TORRANCE?
- Our hotels are open and ready to welcome you!
- There are currently no restrictions on travel to Torrance from within the United States, and the closest airports, including Los Angeles International Airport and Long Beach Airport, remain open with flights operating.
- Travel should occur with people from the same household.
- State officials urge caution and proper planning when traveling in California. Safety measures — physical distancing, use of face coverings and enhanced sanitation practices — remain a priority for responsible travel that respects local Torrance communities and fellow travelers.
WHAT HOTELS IN TORRANCE ARE OPEN?
- Hotels associated with Discover Torrance are open and are accepting non-essential travel reservations.
- Please contact select lodging property for more details specific to their location.
- Hotel stays should occur with people from the same household.
HOW ARE DISCOVER TORRANCE HOTELS AND BUSINESSES ENSURING SAFETY?
- Discover Torrance is committed to the highest safety standards to protect the health and welfare of employees, guests, and our community while providing excellent hospitality.
- Hotels and local businesses adhere to requirements of public health officers and promote social distancing, indoor mask use, limited occupancies, among other advanced cleaning and health protocols.
- We encourage you to contact hotels and businesses directly to learn more about the specific steps they’re taking.
- Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces, healthcare settings, on public transportations and rideshare vehicles. Masks are also required outdoors where people can’t maintain a distance of six feet from each other.
- Public health officials emphasize that social distancing and face covering use is the most important strategy to lessen the spread.
- It is important to make and/or confirm reservations directly, as individual businesses will open on their own timeline and/or limit occupancy to maintain social distance.
- Discover Torrance joins Visit California in its call for safe and responsible travel throughout the state this summer and beyond. We support the Responsible Travel Code launched earlier this month, which asks visitors to travel with RESPECT by committing to seven best practices when exploring the Golden State:
- Roam Responsibly
- Educate Myself
- Safety First
- Preserve California
- Embrace Community
- Celebrate Culture
- Teach Others
WHAT BUSINESSES ARE OPEN IN TORRANCE?
- The following businesses associated with travel are open:
- Hotels for tourism and individual travel,
- Outdoor dine-in and takeout restaurants,
- Outdoor retail,
- Outdoor and recreation activities.
- All indoor and outdoor operations at breweries and bars where no meals are provided are closed.
- Indoor operations for the following sectors are not permitted by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
- Wineries and tasting rooms,
- Movie theaters,
- Family entertainment centers,
- Fitness centers,
- Places of worship,
- Offices for non-critical sectors,
- Personal care services and hair salons,
- Retail and shopping malls.
- It is important to make and/or confirm reservations directly, as individual businesses will open on their own timeline.
WHAT OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ARE OPEN?
- Outdoor exercise and recreation activities are allowed with proper social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Torrance Beach and Miramar Park are open. Restrictions apply.
- Madrona Marsh Preserve is open Thursday – Saturday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM on a first-come/first-serve basis. Time limit of two hours on the Preserve. No reservations necessary!
- Madrona Marsh Nature Center is closed and all programs are currently cancelled.
- All parks and Community Gardens are open observing social distancing protocols.
- All City of Torrance playgrounds are temporarily closed.
- All city-park tennis and pickleball courts are open under limited use.
- If visitors cannot maintain safe distancing in any public outdoor space, they should leave.
- Additional outdoor attractions in Torrance may be closed. Please contact select businesses for information specific to their location.
The following businesses have updated their policies.
For a full list of restaurants with takeout options, please visit this page.
Check out Downtown Torrance’s Alfresco Dining Experience Here!
Downtown Does Dining Alfresco – Phase 2
To allow for more socially distanced seating in restaurants, Torrance will close Sartori Ave. from Post Ave. to Marcelina Ave., again this weekend (Friday – Sunday) for alfresco dining. This will take place the first, second and third weekends of the month now – September! The fourth weekend is reserved for the Antique Street Faire.
Restaurants will be taking to the streets, shops will be open later. Grab a bite from one of the participating restaurants, and then grab a seat so you’re front-and-center for a unique outdoor dining experience in the heart of the original footprint of the City. You can also pull up a chair and just hang, while waiting to be seated at one of the restaurants.
- Chado Tea Room
- Clutch & Coffee
- Eat at Rudy’s
- Fosters Freeze
- Ichimi Ann
- Kappo Irifune
- Keegan’s Sports Bar & Pub
- La Capilla
- Local Kitchen
- Lucio’s Mexican Restaurant
- Miyabi Uni
- Old Torrance Coffee & Tea
- Red Car Brewery
- Restoration Kitchen & Wine
- Tendon Tempura Carlos Jr.
- Torrance Bakery
- Tortilla Cantina
- Yorkshire Square Brewery
Streets Closed for Pedestrian Perusing:
Fridays: 4:00 PM – 10 p.m.
Saturdays: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sundays: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Street closures will be in effect:
Friday, 2:00 PM – Monday, 7:00 AM
Restaurants & Breweries:
- 21 Square: Available for pick-up.
- Absolution: Now open! Starting this Friday at 3pm you can enjoy Absolution outside! Hours are Friday 3-9PM; Saturday 2-9PM; Sunday 1-7PM. TOGO PICKUP M,TU,W,TH Noon-7pm F, Sa, Su: Noon. Check out their taplist here. You can also enjoy their new beer garden!
- Benihana: Take-out- Noon – 9:00 PM – 7 days a week. Full menu available. Curbside pick-up. Orders: Phone-in, walk-in, online (preferred) – https://order.benihana.com/. Deliveries available through DoorDash, UberEats, GrubHub and Postmates
- Brews Hall: Now open 7 days a week starting at 11:30AM for dine in service, to-go and delivery! Introducing their new Beer Garden inspired patios, perfect for social distancing and watching sports on their large screen TVs! Make sure to take advantage of their To-Go Crowlers and Growlers of their freshly brewed beer.
- Chado Tea: Chado is open for To-Go Orders AND outdoor dining, serving their Afternoon Tea – salads, sandwiches and 300+ loose leaf teas via takeout from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, daily.
- Clutch & Coffee: Take-out only. Modified hours – 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday – Sunday. Coffee & food to go – Tuesday – Sunday. Only Coffee to go – kitchen closed on Mondays.
- Cosmic Brewery: Offering free delivery service in the South Bay for six-packs – minimum order two six-packs. For delivery: www.CosmicBrewery.com – available 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Crest Sports Bar & Grill: Open for take-out on weekdays. They will remain closed on weekends. They will be serving their full menu with the exception of their salmon dishes. Open 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- The Depot: Reopened with outdoor dining! Summer hours include: Lunch: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM; Happy Hour: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM; Dinner: 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM; Tuesday – Saturday (closed Sunday & Monday). Also offering to-go menu.
- Din Tai Fung (in Del Amo Fashion Center): Delivery/Take-out 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM – 7 days a week. Full menu except no Truffle & Kurobuta Pork Xiao Long Bao or drinks. Curbside pick-up – between EMC & Brio. Phone-in orders only & card payment.
- Dude’s Brewing: Cans and crowlers will be available in Torrance from 4:00 to 8:00 PM on Friday, and noon to 6:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Fosters Freeze: Shortened hours (will vary day-by-day).
- Irifune: Open for take-out. You can also have it delivered to your doorstep by DoorDash.
- HopSaint Brewery: Added a couple tables out front for al fresco-type mini beer garden dining experience. Hours are Tues-Thurs 11:30am – 9pm; Fri-Sat 11:30am – 10pm; Sun 10am – 9pm
- Ise-Shima: Offers only take-out food service. Open daily Breakfast: 7:30AM-9:30 AM, Lunch: 11:30AM-2:00PM, Dinner: 5:00PM-9:00PM.
See new menu here
- Keegan’s Sports Lounge & Grill: Takeout only.
- Khun 9 Thai Kitchen: Take-out, only – offering a limited menu at this time.
- King’s Hawaiian Restaurant & Bakery: Doing Take-out 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM – 7 days a week. Reduced menu options. In an effort to support our community, they are extending the 50% ALOHA DISCOUNT for all Community Workers* and Senior Citizens through the end of May (5/31/20) (*healthcare/hospital workers, police officers, grocery/restaurant/hospitality workers and people 65 years old and up). From our ‘Ohana to yours, please continue to enjoy the Aloha Discount of 50% off any purchase at our locations as a mahalo for all your hard work in keeping our community safe!
- LaCapilla: Reopened for outdoor dining and take-out! New hours are: Monday – Thursday – 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM; Friday – 11:30 AM – 9:00 PM; Saturday – 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM; Sunday – 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- Lazy Dog (in Del Amo Fashion Center): Free Delivery through their website every day on orders of $25 or more – 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM, 7 days a week. Place orders via website or call. Curbside Pick-Up as a takeout option – red curb in front of restaurant. Friends & Family Meals that feed 5 – starting at $25. Available on DoorDash (free deliver on orders over $25), GrubHub & UberEats. Limited menu available.
- Lemonade (in Del Amo Mall): Available for delivery, pickup, curbside and patio dining. Join them for a grand re-opening (virtually or in-person) by receiving a FREE cold-pressed lemonade with any purchase of $10 or more July 14 – July 20th. Use code REOPEN. Order here.
- Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ (in Del Amo Fashion Center): Doing Delivery/Take-out – 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM, 7 days a week. Available on DoorDash. Full menu available. Call in order / pay inside. Curbside pick-up available.
- Local Kitchen: Reopened for outdoor dining! Hours are 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Favorites include Dave’s BBQ Meatloaf Tower, Brux Chicken & Waffles, Chipotle BBQ Chophouse Burger and Erika’s Strawberry Blue Salad. Tables are set-up on the patio, but no table service.
- Madre! Oaxacan Restaurant & Mezcaleria: Open 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM, 7 days. Take-out/Delivery. Rapid Curbside pickup or home delivery. Cocktails to go, too – with purchase of food. Order online here. The pre-batched Smokey Marg, Madre Marg and Chapo y Kate are now available in a party-size to-go container – 1L, 1.5L and 1.75L servings – with the perfect pourable nozzle.
- Mitsuwa: Open for patio dining!
- Miyabi Uni: Open for Take-out. You can also have it delivered to your doorstep by Seamless.com and GrubHub.com. They are running a special of 20% off everything and 12 oz bottle of Sapporo Light is just $1.59 with food purchase.
- Mo-Mo-Paradise: Delivery and takeout available everyday between 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Call 310.781.3052 for 10% off pick-up orders. Also available on GrubHub. See the menu and special promotions here.
- Monkish: New growlers, bottles, and cans can be picked up from noon to 7:00 PM. You should check their website at https://www.monkishbrewing.com/ for updates on their hours.
- New York Deli: New York Deli finally reopened, last week. They’re back to their regular hours of 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Monday – Saturday, and open for take-out.
- Old Torrance Coffee & Tea: Take-out only. Modified hours – 7:00 AM – 1:00 PMish, Monday – Saturday. Hours subject to change.
- Outback Steakhouse (in Del Amo Mall): Open for delivery and takeout. Takeout is available at Outback.com, delivery is available through Door Dash.
- Restoration Kitchen & Wine: Reopen for outdoor dining this Friday and Saturday from 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM. No reservations – walk-ins only!
- Dinner for two special menu items available each week. Check here for menu items!
- Now serving Hawaiian options including Miso Chicken, Teriyaki Beef, Hamburger Steak, Roast Pork, Teriyaki Salmon, Poke and Pineapple Read pudding.
- Red Car Brewery & Restaurant: Open for al fresco dining! Hours: Thursday – 11:30 AM – 8:30 PM; Friday – 11:30 AM – 9:30 PM; Saturday – 12:00 Noon – 9:30 PM; Sunday – 12:00 Noon – 8:30 PM
- Rudy’s: Temporary hours 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM, daily. Cash only. Now offering FREE Delivery for orders $35 and over.
- Scholb Premium Ales: To-go only.
- Smog City Brewing: Thursday, Smog City Brewing Co., an industry leader in the Los Angeles craft beer scene, will expand their patio seating into the parking lot to accommodate additional socially distanced seating – creating a “Beer Garden,” of sorts. Various Food Trucks and Pop-ups will be onsite, each day. Open 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM, daily.
- Strand Brewing Co: To-go only.
- Tea Tree Cafe (in the DoubleTree Hotel): Take out from their Tea Tree Café – full menu – from 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM, daily. You can call ahead or stop-in and take out
- Torrance Bakery: Will remain open for take-out orders, with modified hours: Monday – Friday – 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM; Saturday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Sunday – 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. You can now place orders online for your favorite salads & sandwiches, cookies by the dozen, and 4-packs of cupcakes, brownies, lemon bars, and more! Postmates can deliver for your – no minimum order, no service fee – ready for pick-up in 12 minutes.
- Torrance Quantity Discount Store: See’s Candy has been piloting a call-in, pay-by-credit-card, pick-up at the store. Order by calling (310) 465-1199 and pick-up yours today! Pickup: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- Tortilla Cantina: Open for takeout.
- Truxton’s: Patio dining now available – open daily, Monday – Friday, 11am – 8pm; Saturday & Sunday 10am – 8pm. Brunch menu available until 3pm. Now offering 20% off online orders for a limited time. See more details here.
- Antique Attic: The Antique Attic reopened on Wednesday, June 3rd. They will have limited days and hours. For now, they will be open Wednesday – Saturday from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Almost the entire store is 1/2 price, plus they have several large showcases of $5 and $10 items.
- Bo’s Cigar Lounge: Order on the spot: order at the table next to the main entrance on Sartori Ave (customers cannot go inside) or call to order ahead. Open daily 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Hours subject to change).
- Del Amo Fashion Center: The outdoor lifestyle wing remains open until the end of September! The stores you can access from the exterior of the Mall include Tesla, kate spade new york, TravisMathew, Kiehl’s Since 1851, Pandora, Cotton-On, Shoe Palace, Sanrio, Nature Republic & more!
- Jaunts Boutique: Remain open 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM and by appointment private styling sessions. Check out www.JauntsBoutique.com to order online!
- Organically at Your Best Face & Spa: Still offering self-care services of organic facials, massage, waxing, reiki and hypnotherapy. Curb-side pick-up for their retail products – Eminence Organic Skincare, Jane Iredale makeup and many other self-care items.
- Arts Studio: Calling all crafty creatures, “Art Studio” is taking the mystery out of crafting. In 30 minutes, learn how to make fun and easy crafts, from making your own paper to mosaic tiling or even beading your own jewelry. It’s arts and crafts all the time! Show times are 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM on CitiCABLE 3. For copies of the arts and craft instructions seen on the show, email ArtStudio@TorranceCA.Gov.
- Destination: Art: The Studios and Gallery opened Tuesday, June 2nd, for viewing—by appointment only. You may reserve your time for a party of five, or less, by sending an email to LocalArtists@destination-art.net stating your name, phone number, email address, and your preferred time to visit (on the hour or half hour) Tuesday through Saturday during the month of June, between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
- They have created the “Art in Isolation” web gallery to share their artwork with everyone while at home. The art features pieces from their associate, gallery and studio artists. See it here: https://www.destination-art.net/artisolation
- Madrona Marsh: Open Thursday – Saturday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM on a first-come/first-serve basis. Time limit of two hours on the Preserve. No reservations necessary! Face masks and social distancing practices observed.
- A limited number of visitors will be allowed onto the Preserve. As visitors leave, additional visitors will be allowed to enter. Sidewalk queuing may be initiated by Madrona Marsh staff based on the number of visitors.
- Sign-in at the entry station to the Preserve.
- Group entry is limited to same household or living unit only. NO OTHER GROUPS OR TOURS ALLOWED.
- The Plunge: Due to COVID-19, the Victor E. Benstead Plunge will open with modified programming on Monday, July 6, 2020. Face masks are required all times except while in the water. Adult Lap Swimming by Appointment Only is being offered. Pool rentals for swim training organizations may also be available. All other pool activities are cancelled until further notice.
- Roadium Drive-In: The Roadium kicked off their “Summer Weekends at the Drive-In” series. Every Friday and Saturday night, they show classic family movies and offer hot food and concessions. Check-out the Drive-In page for details.
- Sea-Aire Golf Course: Sea Aire Golf Course reopened effective Saturday, May 9. Hours of operation are Tuesday – Sunday, 9 a.m. to dusk and Mondays, 1 p.m. to dusk. For more information, visit the City website or call 310-543-GOLF (4653) during business hours. Sea-Aire Golf Course is located at 22730 Lupine Drive. Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with guidance from the State, County and Local health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following precautions for appropriate social distancing and safety protocols for course operations include but are not limited to:
- Appropriate social distancing protocols must be followed
- Players must have a face covering on while interacting with staff and at all times while on the course
- Groups will be limited to 4 people, including minors. No caddies, spectators, or guests will be allowed on the course
- All players must sign a waiver and release form related to COVID-19 prior to course entry
- Golfing groups must keep a one-hole distance, or approximately 50 yards, between groups while on the course
- South Coast Botanic Garden: The Garden is open to members with advance reservations and to online ticket-buyers with advance reservations. All guests are required to wear protective face coverings. If you purchase a membership online, simply bring your purchase confirmation email as your ticket for your first visit (no additional online reservation required).
- Tennis and Pickleball Courts: The Las Canchas Tennis Facility and the Torrance Batting Cages will re-open under limited use on Thursday, May 14, 2020. In addition, all city-park tennis and pickleball courts will re-open under limited use on Friday, May 15, 2020 in accordance with the Revised Safer at Home Order.
- Torrance Cultural Arts Foundation: TOCA is offering a few services for at-home entertainment:
- National Theatre Live: TOCA has been presenting National Theatre Live productions as part of their season for several years now and they are amazing… now, for a limited time, they are available to watch for free on YouTube. Info can be found here: National Theatre At Home
- Metropolitan Opera: Met launches “Nightly Met Opera Streams,” a free series of encore Live in HD presentations streamed on the company website during the coronavirus closure. All “Nightly Met Opera Streams” will begin at 4:30pm PT and will remain available via the homepage of metopera.org for 23 hours. The homepage link will open the performance on the Met Opera on Demand streaming service. The performance will also be viewable on all Met Opera on Demand apps. Here’s the link: Met Opera on Demand
- On the BoardsTV: For years, Portland’s daring experimental theater On the Boards has been filming and streaming its programming online for reasonable prices. Now through April you can use the code ARTATHOME20 at www.ontheboards.tv to watch everything for free. See experimental classics by Young Jean Lee (The Shipment), choreographer-performance artist Okwui Okpokwasili (Bronx Gothic), Tina Satter’s Half Straddle (Seagull: Thinking of You), Radiohole (Whatever, Heaven Allows) and more.
- TOCA To Go: Know someone who is missing the excitement of a live performance? Got a special occasion that you want to celebrate or need a special gift you want to send to someone? Try TOCA TO GO! With just a few clicks, we will send a performer to your home, place of work or other location. Performers who travel will maintain social distance. Just select a performer / performance and fill out the form here: Order Form We will contact you to get more information and work to schedule your personal performance.
- Torrance Farmers’ Market: On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, the Torrance Certified Farmers’ Market will include Prepackaged Vendors in accordance to the Revised Safer at Home Order, originally issued on April 10th. The revised order also provides guidance to assist in the modified operational conditions.
- Torrance Library: Torrance Public Library patrons now have access to a wide selection of popular digital ebooks and audiobooks free from the Torrance Public Library. With a library card, you can borrow from the digital collection by visiting www.Library.TorranceCA.Gov or downloading Libby, the award-winning one-tap reading app from OverDrive. In alignment with the revised County of LA Health Officer Order of May 26, 2020, the Torrance Public Library began curbside service on Monday, June 1 2020. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3gyXn4Q
- Torrance Recreational Services: Staying active may seem difficult while social distancing, but a little distance can go a long way. Physical activity can help to boost your mood, reduce stress, improve sleep, and sharpen your focus — benefits that can be especially important during stressful times. Discover how to stay active with our Virtual Recreation Center and Resources. https://www.torranceca.gov/services/virtual-recreation
- Torrance Theatre Company: The Torrance Theatre Company is thrilled to present a series of FREE staged readings and virtual performances that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home Register to attend the show, and you can watch a PLAY AT HOME with some of your favorite TTC actors and directors! Learn more here!
- Wilson Park Splash Pad: The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has approved the re-opening of municipal splash pads under limited use. The Splash Pad at Wilson Park reopened yesterday with the appropriate safeguards to protect everyone who wants to enjoy the fun! For more information, visit: www.TorranceCA.Gov/Services/Parks/Splash-Pad-At-Wilson-Park
- YMCA: Now reopened! The community’s health is their highest priority, so they’ve made some changes to their facility, including deep cleanings, new operating hours and re-organizing equipment. Hours: Monday – Friday – 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM; Saturday – 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM; Sunday – Closed.