15th Annual Rock Around the Block
On Thursday, July 18, 2019, from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM the Torrance Historical Society is hosting the 15th Annual 1950s-style family summer event in celebration of Torrance’s All-America City Award — one of America’s original and most prestigious community recognition awards. The City received this award for “Growth without strain” back in the 1956 when Albert Isen was Mayor of Torrance.
This FREE event, sponsored by the Saris Regis Group is open to the public and will be held in front of the Torrance Historical Society & Museum (1345 Post Avenue). Post Avenue will be blocked off from Cravens to Sartori, so guests can . . .
- View vintage cars on display along Post Avenue, courtesy of Cruisin’ 50s Car Club, Touring A’s and local car owners
- Bop to 50s music by DJ Ozzie
- Munch on burgers from the IN-N-OUT burger wagon (burgers served from 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM nominal fee)
- See special exhibits featuring the original All-America City congratulatory telegram from President Eisenhower, along with the All-America City button & logo
- Capture a “Kodak Moment” next to Jared Sidney Torrance
- Check-out high school yearbooks — the Torrance Historical Society has the largest collection in the City
- Play retro games like Dime Toss or paint a pet rock
- Enter the hula hoop, bubble gum blowin’, Torrance Bakery Cake Walk and pie eating contests – there are prizes!