Scaredown in Downtown Torrance
There’s something spooktacular going on in Old Torrance, witch will be frightfully delightful — the 6th Annual family-friendly Scaredown in Downtown! Dress in costume and stroll the streets of Historic Old Torrance — you’re in for a hauntingly good time!
When: Saturday, October 14th, 2023
Where: Post, El Prado, Sartori & Marcelina & the Torrance Historical Society (1345 Post Ave.) – Old Torrance
Time: 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Event Info: linktr.ee/downtowntorrance – this is your go-to spot for up-to-date deets
Activities include . . .
- Trunk-or-Treat – Kids dress in costume and cruise car trunks decorated for the occasion full of Halloween treats for FREE. Also, includes – Games for the kids & live music — on Post Avenue
- Dance Party – El Prado & Sartori
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Line Dancing
- 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Thriller lessons
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM – Belly Dancers
- Dead End Alley – the ghosts come out at 6:12 PM (sundown) – rumor has it even Jared Sidney Torrance will be visiting from the other side – El Prado (near Torrance Bakery)
- Tarot Card Readers – see what your future holds
- 360 Cheer Haunted House – includes Zombie Cheerleaders
- Spooky Selfie Ops – you’ll want to put your best face on, even it’s someone else’s
- Haunted Boo-Tique – clothes that will even impress the dead – Jaunts – 1223 El Prado Ave.
- Temporary Tattoos – (for the young & young-at-heart who may be afraid of needles, blood & commitment) & Selfie Center – Torrance Historical Society & Museum – 1345 Post Ave., Old Torrance
- Pumpkin Patch – pick a pumpkin that night (prices so low, they will scare you!)
- Spooky Food & Specialty Drinks (21 & Over) – restaurants and bars in Old Torrance
- Red Car – Pumpkin Ale
- Tortilla Cantina – Special to-die-for signature drink
- La Capilla – specialty margarita
- Keegan’s – Pumpkin Potion Shots
- Local Kitchen – Ghost Nachos, candy for the kids – Happy Hour 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Torrance Bakery – free pumpkin sprinkle cookies (while supplies last) for all kids dressed in costume (Bakery will stay open late)
While you’re strolling the streets of Historic Old Torrance, Trick-or-treat at downtown businesses, and stop in for a bite (to eat, that is)!
Scaredown in Downtown – not just for kids, anymore!
See the interactive map here!