Top 10 Reasons to Hold Your Event in Torrance
Image source: Shutterstock
There are so many great reasons to hold your next meeting or event in Torrance that we thought it might be good to share what meeting planners have told us they and their attendees like best:
- Abundant accommodations—from inexpensive to luxurious. With about 2,500 hotel rooms across a spectrum of prices, Torrance offers ample and affordable accommodations for attendees.
- Getting here is easy. Torrance is located just off the I-405 freeway, 15 easy minutes from LAX and about the same from Long Beach Airport. Combined, the two airports land about a thousand domestic and international passenger flights per day.
- One-of-a-kind off-site meeting spaces. Torrance has the advantage of perfect weather that allows for outdoor, as well as indoor, meetings and events. Each of the hotels featured offers a variety of meeting and event venues, but there are other cool spots to fill out the offerings and add a little jazz to your meeting.
- Food and drink for every palate and wallet. More than 400 eateries offer delicious choices— from everyday to elegant to exotic, from every corner of the world, and from the crack of dawn to after hours. Make sure to leave time to enjoy some artistically crafted beer from the many local breweries. And don’t forget to leave room for an outrageous dessert from one of Torrance’s more than two dozen boutique bakeries.
- Shop big. Shop small. Just don’t go home empty-handed. It’s a sure thing that you’ll be able to satisfy your wish list at Del Amo Fashion Center’s more than 200 stores. The third largest shopping center in America will not disappoint. For the treasure hunter in all of us, historic downtown Torrance offers the charm of another time and the chance to browse a variety of boutique shops. Of course, you’ll also find surf shops for beach wear, the national brand stores you know and love, and drug stores for anything you forget.
- Safe, secure, and serene. Torrance enjoys a reputation as a low-crime area where families thrive, and locals and visitors relax. While no city is crime free, Torrance’s low crime rate falls far below the state and national averages.
- Great value for every budget. The locals think of Torrance as they’re secret gem. That’s because Torrance offers everything you’d expect from a SoCal destination, but it’s tucked away in the South Bay area just off the beaten path. That’s good news for visitors because it means rooms rates are affordable and businesses rely on local dollars rather than charging the higher prices you find in tourist hotspots. And that means that your travel dollars go much farther than you’d expect in Southern California.
- Location, location, location. There’s plenty to do and see without ever venturing outside of Torrance’s uncrowded, unhurried world. But if you decide to take in SoCal’s big attractions, you won’t have far to go. Torrance is no more than 30 miles away from Disneyland, Universal Studios, the Queen Mary, Knot’s Berry Farm, and other big draws. And it’s just a few miles down the coast from popular sites like the King Harbor Pier and Marina in Redondo Beach. And when you’re done with the crowds and noise, Torrance is a great place to call home.
- Sun, sand, surf and Strand. Nestled just below the hillside mansions of the Palos Verdes Peninsula lies uncrowded, picture-perfect Torrance Beach. Pristine and serene, the 1.5 mile-beach is rarely crowded, offering a peaceful escape for contemplation and sunset watching. It’s also the starting point for the Strand, SoCal’s 22-mile coastal bike path. Take a walk, rent a bike, learn to surf, or just kick it and take in the view.
- Weather? Perfect! About the only thing you have to worry about is wearing sunscreen to protect you on Torrance’s 279 days of sunshine per year. With its hottest days hovering around 77 degrees and an average annual temperature of 71.4 degrees, the weather is about as close to perfect as it gets. Maybe bring along a sweater for those cool ocean breezes when the sun goes down.